Ocean Cruises Chef de Partie f/m
Chef de Partie f/m
Key areas of responsibility:
- To follow supervisors instructions for Menu plans and daily preparation.
- To take active part in the actual food preparation.
- To ensure that products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- To comply with the latest Health and Sanitation regulations (USPH and all other Port Health Authorities) at all times.
- To know the requirements of the Menus and to plan ahead for operational needs accordingly.
- To report work orders to the Sous Chef when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every week and to submit it to the Sous Chef in a timely manner.
- Monitor and check stock in the stores ad inform supervisor.
- To adhere to, and to ensure that the Staff in assigned section in the Galley adheres to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- Culinary Institute Diploma or Chef Certification or other relevant apprenticeship required.
- Minimum of three (3) years expereience in a hotel or restaurant, or three (3) years’ onboard a cruise ship in similar position required.
- A sound knowledge of culinary arts and fine dining is required.
- Very good spoken English.
- Good communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and must show attention to detail.
- Must undergo onboard USPH and HACCP training. Knowledge in this area is a plus.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must have an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.
- STCW Certificates: Basic Safety, Crowd Management, Security Awareness
- Seaman´s book
- Medical certificate issued by an approved seafarer´s doctor
Your position: Reports to Sous Chef and Executive Chef
Net Salary: Between 1745 to 2145 Euro (The tips are included and always depending on the amount of guests onboard) ( Tips included )
If you have not found a suitable position in our range of offers, we are pleased to receive your CV in ENGLISH by email to [email protected]