Ocean Cruises Bar Waiter f/m
Bar Waiter f/m
Key areas of responsibility:
- To greet Guests in a professional manner and to provide them with prompt, courteous and friendly service.
- To prepare cocktail garnishes for service and to prepare tables for guests.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and to follow the detail of USPH and HACCP standards at all times.
- To follow and execute the Shipboard Sanitation Program and to complete and update all Sanitation Log sheets.
- Do additional duties in other departments (Loading, storing, luggage etc.,) as necessary.
- To ensure that equipment is properly and securely stored away when not on duty and to keep assigned area clean and tidy at all times.
- To keep lockers organized, clean and tidy at all times in accordance to safety rules and regulations.
- To report work orders to their Supervisors when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every week and to submit it to Chief Bartender in a timely manner.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned by the supervisors, but not limited to the above.
- To follow instructions given by Bartenders, Chief Bartender, Maitre D and Hotel Manager.
- High school Diploma or other relevant apprenticeship in the food service industry required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a luxury hotel or one (1) year onboard a cruise ship in similar position.
- Very good spoken English.
- Advanced German skills, any additional foreign language would be a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Good product and beverage knowledge.
- Must have very good organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must undergo on-board USPH and HACCP training. Previous knowledge in this area is a plus.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure.
- Must be service minded with an outgoing, charming and friendly personality
- STCW Certificates: Basic Safety, Crowd Management, Security Awareness
- Seaman´s book
- Medical certificate issued by an approved seafarer´s doctor
Your position: Reports to Sous Chef and Executive Chef
Net Salary: Between 1400 to 1800 Euro (The tips are included and always depending on the amount of guests onboard) ( Tips included )
If you have not found a suitable position in our range of offers, we are pleased to receive your CV in ENGLISH by email to [email protected]