Ocean Cruises Restaurant Waiter f/m
Restaurant Waiter f/m
Key areas of responsibility:
- To check in for duty according to schedule and to ensure that service station meets the expectations of the Guests and the standards set by the Company.
- To act as liaison between the Guests and the Head Waiter in regards with any problems in their stations.
- To ensure the best possible dining experience for all Guests and to provide special attention to Guests with special needs and dietary requirements.
- To follow work schedules, section plans and rotations and to do any additional duties (gangway duties, storing, midnight snack etc.) as scheduled by the Head Waiter and as required.
- To ensure a smooth and efficient service during meal hours through constant communication with the Guests and the Galley.
- To ensure that all equipment is properly and securely stored away when not on duty.
- To report work orders to supervisors when deficiencies are noted or when maintenance is required and to follow up on the work orders in a timely manner.
- To complete a Work Registration Form correctly every week and to submit it to the Head Waiter in a timely manner.
- To adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures, Manuals and Directives.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned, but not limited to the above.
- High school Diploma or relevant apprenticeship in the Food Service industry required.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a hotel or one (1) years’ experience on board a cruise ship in a similar position.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Advanced German skills required for this position, any additional foreign language is a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have very good organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must undergo on-board USPH or HACCP training. Knowledge in this area is a plus.
- Must have initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure.
- Must be service minded with an outgoing, charming and friendly personality.
- STCW Certificates: Basic Safety, Crowd Management, Security Awareness
- Seaman´s book
- Medical certificate issued by an approved seafarer´s doctor
Your position: Reports to Head Waiter (1st instance) & Maitre D`Hotel (2nd instance)
Net Salary: Between 1160 to 1460 Euro (The tips are included and always depending on the amount of guests onboard) ( Tips included )
If you have not found a suitable position in our range of offers, we are pleased to receive your CV in ENGLISH by email to [email protected]