When applying for jobs in river cruising, remember that this type of cruising is very different from ocean cruising. For starters, the ships are much smaller, carrying fewer than 300 passengers. The number of crewmembers is also less, between 15 and 150 depending on the size of the vessel and the crew to passenger ratio.
- Vocational training and previous experience in the position you apply for
- Good knowledge of the English language. You must be able to adequately communicate in English. Your skills will be tested prior to your assignment.
- Good knowledge of German is highly valuable for all the positions in contact with guests.
- Other language skills are always welcome
- Availability to work from March until November. December and Christmas cruises are optional.
- Valid European Passport
- The medical examination is required: It is a very simple document that needs to be signed by your Doctor. STCW certificates are NOT required for river cruise jobs
- Police clearance documentation.
- Willing and able to work a “7-day week” and to share a cabin with a colleague (Except Hotel Manager)
- Tolerance and adaptability in an International team
Hola CREW will NEVER require candidates to pay an application fee, processing fee or agency fees. If you are being asked to pay as part of your employment application with Hola CREW, please be aware this is a fraudulent solicitation.
We offer useful information, advice, insights, and resources to help inspire Job seekers to work on the rivers. We will give you all the correct information needed and all the key details to help you get through the hiring process and get you on board with comfort, satisfaction and confidence.
We will be posting long time veterans on our Facebook group and finding out all the fine details about working on a cruise ship. See our videos from experienced Crew Members and learn what they go through on a day by day basics.
We will only use these email addresses listed below for contact: